Through ironically colourful colourblind eyes....

5/30/2005 11:03:00 AM

Star Wars

Until recently I was not a big star wars fan. I never saw the old movies at the time they came out, and only saw bits and pieces of them when TBS had those Star Wars marathons. And even then it did not garner enough interest for me to sit down and watch them from start finish. The Litesabres were cool. Very cool. But that was about it. I saw Episode I and II. They were bleh. I dont remember a thing from Episode I, that alone should tell you what I thought of it. And the only thing I remember from Episode II was Yoda fighting. The litesabres were cool too. But since there was soooo much hype surrounding Episode III, enough to garner a worldwide release, I decided I was going to sit down and really watch Episode II again, and watch it much more carefully, not for the Litesabres, not for Yoda fighting, not for all the various space creatures, but for the story line. After watching Episode II again I understood more of the story, and was now curious about Episode III. So I went to see it last night.

I am now a DIE HARD Star Wars fan. The story is fascinating. The whole concept of the Force, the philosophies of using the Force, and the Dark side...on one hand I kind of agree with the Chancellor Palpatine's reasoning of using both sides of the Force, but on the other hand I can understand the dangers of partaking such a venture. I still dont know if Anakin Skywalker is Evil or is just a misguided individual. And oh yeah, Litesabres are cool. Very cool. Right about now I am ITCHING to see Episodes 4, 5 and 6 in their entirety. Anyone have that DVD collection in their possession by any chance??

Anonymous Anonymous did sey...

I have yet to watch the Movie, and I have forgotten most of the fist 2 episodes, but I agree the concepts in Star Wars are very intresting and yes Light sabers are WAY cool. However, at risk of raising the ire of Mr. King, the best SciFi show you can watch when concerned about Concepts and Philosophies is Star Trek Next Generation (any movie, or episode).

Mon May 30, 09:56:00 AM 2005 

~

Blogger Bashmentbasses did sey...

Star Trek wins over Star Wars because its a vaster universe. But the Star Trek movies have just been very long episodes. Light sabres are always cool.

Anakin was misguided.

Mon May 30, 05:47:00 PM 2005 

~

Post a Comment