Through ironically colourful colourblind eyes....

6/16/2006 06:57:00 PM

Relay For Life

Last week Sat the Jamaica Cancer Society put on their annual event, "Relay For Life". To know what this event is about go here, here and here. I wont bother to repeat, I will just relate my experience.

Most of my fellow band members/bloggers enjoyed the all night lyming the most. Now dont get me wrong, the lyming was great. There were several tents from several participating groups around the field, and something different was going on in almost every tent. So there was lots of energy in the place, it was hard to not be in a lively mood. Good people, good food, good exercise, good cause, good vibes = great lyme. For me, the part I enjoyed the most was the live music. They had different live bands on stage for most of the night. There is just something about live music that gets to me, I dont know what...maybe its the high I get from the electric guitars and horns/orchestra hit pumping powerfully through the speakers, so much so til I feel the vibrations through me...I dunno, but get to me it did, and distracted me from doing laps and lyming and anything else. I love watching live bands on stage, doing their thing, listening to their versions of current songs (since most dont do much original music when performing). The only band whose name I caught was Pace, they were the band that performed after us I think. The lead singer needed some voice training I think, but man could she work the stage. Very attractive with lots of sex appeal, and she knew it and used it. There were one or two jazz bands, they were pretty good for the most part, but there was this one elderly white guy who played some cool jazz on keyboard that made me want to find a lonely spot on the grass, sit down and just listen. Idleness mixed with good vibes and a bit of inspiration led me to attempt to arrange a tune on spot, but dammit kept getting distracted by the live music. Kept trying to play along with any familiar song I knew instead of focusing on arranging. Bwoy ADD I tell you. Couldnt help myself. At some point there was some drumming going on by the JPS camp, but was torn between that and listening to live jazz on stage. I didnt know what to do! Tessanne Chin, Tami Chin's sister, had my hopes way up that she would do a set. I spotted her in the crowd watching a band perform on stage. She only did one song. To a track at that, no live music. I did vex! But the girl can sing, she got better vocals than her sis.

All in all I had fun. Great time. Next time I want live music all throughout the night!

Blogger Sweet Simone did sey...

You sound like a recovering addict and the drug was dangled in front of u all night. Glad to hear u had fun as well. I'm happy the night turned out so good with something there for everyone. :D

Thu Jun 22, 12:00:00 PM 2006 

~

Blogger laroper18 did sey...

I feel you on the music. I particularly enjoyed the 50/50 band (the one with the bunch of old-looking folks). They had a nice vibe and good music and they knew how to keep you from getting bored. I dance up a storm...well maybe just some dust.

I hope they keep this level or soar above it next year where the music is concerned.

Fri Jun 23, 09:01:00 AM 2006 

~

Blogger Unknown did sey...

Nice blog to come across, Thanks for sharing. Happy Mothers Day 2016
Mothers Day Wishes 2016

Fri Apr 29, 07:46:00 AM 2016 

~

Post a Comment